FC 3 Woes continue...

Kevin Old kevinold at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 03:34:52 UTC 2004

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 11:13:27 +0800, Edward <edward at tripled.iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Kevin Old wrote:
>
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > Well, now I'm not able to get a network connection in FC 3.  I did an
> > "Everything" install.  DHCP doesn't work.  A static IP doesn't work.
> > I've verified that the firewall is turned off.  Selinux is disabled.
> >
> > Can anyone thing of something that I'm not thinking of?  I know the
> > hardware is great.  Less than 24 hours ago I had a fully working FC1
> > and now with FC3 almost nothing has gone right.
> >
> > Anyone have any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Kevin
>
> This is not the udev bug that's been answered here the last couple of
> days is it?
>
> Regards,
> Ed.

Edward,

I don't mean to be missing something, but which question are you
referring to being answered in as the "udev bug"?

I've read tons of posts over the last week or two related to usb
drives and have tried them all, but had no luck.

One post said that after a fresh install I needed to do a "yum
update".  That would be easy if I could get a network connection.

Can you please point me to some subjects of posts or archives of posts
you're referring to?

Thanks so much,
Kevin
--