Monitor power management

Rafiq_Maniar at Dell.com Rafiq_Maniar at Dell.com
Wed Nov 10 16:14:07 UTC 2004

Try removing any reference to "DPMS" in your xorg.conf file.

The Preferences GUI should be doing that already, but sometimes it says
its doing one thing and does another...

Regards,
Rafiq

-----Original Message-----
From: Shane Presley [mailto:shane.presley at gmail.com]
Sent: 10 November 2004 16:11
To: fedora-list at redhat.com
Subject: Monitor power management

I have a dell gx1 running FC2.

The monitor (also a dell) shuts off after 30 minutes of inactivity.  I
can't find out what's doing this?

-The monitor itself has power management disabled (using the on screen
displays)
-The BIO has power management disabled
-In Fedora under Screen Saver Preferences, Advanced, Display Power
Management, I have tried disabled it, and also tried enabling it with
huge timer values.

Nothing works.  Screen still goes blank after 30 minutes.

Where else could I look?
Thanks
Shane