P4 Motherboard for File Server

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 11 00:21:52 UTC 2004

Jeff Vian wrote:
> 480/1.54 is still almost 30 T1 volumes.  NFS overhead pushes that a lot
> higher.

Am I missing something? I don't think the Original Poster ever said that
all of this bandwidth was for *remote* access.

I got the impression that the clients were supposed to be on the same
LAN. Gigabit Ethernet is practically entry-level these days.

James.

--
E-mail address: james | A woodpigeon would, If a woodpigeon could,
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | But a woodpigeon can't, So it won't.