Evolution sadness

Micheal Clark sundance at sundanceloki.com
Thu Nov 11 03:22:31 UTC 2004

Scott Ryan wrote:

>On Wed, 2004-11-10 at 01:52 +0000, Tim Gardner OP wrote:
>

>>Just a small niggle, this: What has happened to the Summary view in
>>Evolution 2.0.2?  That was my favourite bit!  Might have to switch to
>>Kontact instead.
>>

>I had to recently switch to evolution for outlook compatibility. And it
>sucks. Kmail is the most feature rich mail client around at the moment
>in my opinion. I like the fact that kmail/kontact can determine that
>folders contain mailing lists and can expire messages per folder.
>If exchange plugin is now opensource, anyone know if there are any plans
>to get kontact's exchange capabilities up to that of evolution?
>

>>Anyone found it?
>>
>>Tim

Just popping in my 2 cents about Evo 2.0.2, my email username  has a %
sign, dont ask...
This worked great on 1.4, but crashes evolution on 2.0.2.  I am going to
bugzilla it upstream, but i doubt  since most folks aren't forced to
have unusual charicters in their username, it may not do much good.

Its worth a shot at any rate.  So I guess until then, I'll give this
thunderbird thing a shot

Thanks for hearing me rant
MC