Help diagnosing a lockup

RoboticGolem roboticgolem at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 05:48:12 UTC 2004

Here we go!   Dont know if anyone is having problems I found a tidbit
of info that seems to have solved my problem entirely (sp?).  I read
the README (lol) for the nvidia driver from top to bottom (including
all the stuff that 'didnt' apply to my hardware) and found a note
about agp drive strength.  Most nvidia hardware runs best somewhere
inbetween 0xEA and 0xEE and it mentions never set it to 0xFF (or any F
variant) because it'll cause instability.  Its stopped my 'lockups'
totally (least for the last day or two) but I still got an xserver
crash with sig4 the other day.  =/  But I'm happy and I hope this
helps others too.

-Matt

P.S.  Time to wipe the drive and install FC3