FC2 quota's

Marina Buitrago buitrago at us.es
Thu Nov 11 13:56:35 UTC 2004

Eucke Warren wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to figure out why quota's appear to be inoperational on my FC2
> build.  My fstab has only one partition where I want quota's active.  It's
> entry is as follows:
>
> /dev/sda1               /home                   ext3    defaults,usrquota  1
> 2
>
> When I try to invoke quotas I get the following response:
>
> [root at darth etc]# /sbin/quotaon -av
> quotaon: using /home/quota.user on /dev/sda1 [/home]: No such process
> quotaon: Quota format not supported in kernel.
>
> the quota rpm appears to be installed as per:
>
> [root at darth2 etc]# rpm -q quota
> quota-3.10-2

I think you have to run quotacheck too, e.g.:

      quotacheck -acug /home

The following document may be of help (keep in mind it's intended for
RHEL though):

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-3-Manual/sysadmin-guide/ch-disk-quotas.html

Hope that helps.

--
Marina Buitrago Bravo (buitrago at us.es)
Servicio de Informática y Comunicaciones