RPM conflicts

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Thu Nov 11 15:28:09 UTC 2004

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 09:46:19 -0500, Mark Haney wrote:

> Okay here's my problem.  I upgraded my machine to FC3 with no problems.
> However, in the latest round of updates there are new libxml2 libs
> available.  I want to upgrade my libs but here's the error message I
> get:
>
> RPM package conflict error.  The message was:
> Test install failed because of package conflicts:
> file /usr/lib/libxml2.so.2 from install of libxml2-2.6.16-3 conflicts
> with file from package libxml2_2-2.6.15-2_14.rhfc2.at
>

> Now, I did an rpm -e of the libxml2 libs that I got from ATRPMS and did
> a force install of the base FC3 rpms to the system.  However, I still
> get the above error message when I try to upgrade.  What did I miss when
> removing the packages and how do I go about fixing this so I can get the
> FC3 released updates?

There are broken packages in ATrpms which upgrade Fedora Core. For
libxml2, look up the corresponding bug report in bugzilla.atrpms.net
if you're interested. You may need to disable the repository in your
yum configuration as a work-around.

--
Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux 2.6.9-1.667
loadavg: 1.01 1.07 1.07