Looking for pine for FC3

Satish Balay balay at fastmail.fm
Thu Nov 11 17:39:31 UTC 2004

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004, Steven Stern wrote:

> >http://dag.wieers.com/packages/pine/pine-4.61-1.dag.src.rpm
> >
> >by Dag Wieers would `rpmbuild --rebuild' on FC3.
>
> Thanks. I tried that, but that's when I got into the continuing search for yet
> one more devel package.  I may yet copy the devel packages from the CDs onto
> one of my partitions.

It tells you upfront what the required packages are - and all can be
installed with a single command. For me - I get:

error: Failed build dependencies:
        ncurses-devel is needed by pine-4.61-1.dag.i386
        openssl-devel is needed by pine-4.61-1.dag.i386
        openldap-devel is needed by pine-4.61-1.dag.i386
        pam-devel is needed by pine-4.61-1.dag.i386

yum install ncurses-devel openssl-devel openldap-devel pam-devel
(does the job)

Satish