yum update was ineffective?

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 11 18:11:47 UTC 2004

I wrote:
> Did yum actually install those packages? Check /var/log/yum.log.

Gerry Tool replied:
> No, they are not shown as installed in /var/log/yum.log.
> I'll repeat the attempt to use yum for updating with a package this
> morning.  I'll set the debug to 5 and see if that yields anything.

Hmm. Did they reach /var/cache/yum/$REPO-NAME/packages (probably
/var/cache/yum/updates-released/packages)?

If so, try cd-ing there and running rpm --checksig on them.

James.

--
E-mail address: james | My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | To children ardent for some desperate glory,