Looking for pine for FC3

Satish Balay balay at fastmail.fm
Thu Nov 11 18:16:53 UTC 2004

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004, Steven Stern wrote:

> There are dependencies in the dependencies.  But, for each CD, I did
>
>    mount /media/cdrom
>    cp /media/cdrom/Fedora/RPMS/*devel* /mnt/hdd1/devel/
>    eject /media/cdrom

Use yum or up2date. It will get them off the network without
pain. (and gets the latest pacakges - if there are any updates. Once
updates are installed - cd versions might break dependencies)

And If you don't want to go across the network - and have sufficient
local disk space - create a local yum repository for all the packages
on the disk. and specify it to yum.

Satish