FC2, X-Windows and keeping terminal users out of prompt windows

Michael Jezierski - Systec Conveyors mjezierski at systecconveyors.com
Thu Nov 11 21:44:23 UTC 2004

I'm using Fedora Core 2, and working on terminals to interface to
GoGlobal, on a Win2K+3 application server. The X-Windows is just TWM -
no KDE or GNOME here.

I set the runlevel to 5 so it will automatically start in X windows. I
made a small bash script and placed in /etc/X11/xinit to start the
GoGlobal client within X windows. So far so good. Works like it should
for GoGlobal.

What I would like to do is set it up where when the operator exits from
the GoGlobal client, it with either shutdown the terminal completely
with a shutdown -h now, or return to the Fedora XDM login screen. Either
one will work.

--
Mike Jezierski - IT something or other...
Systec Conveyors - Indianapolis, IN