Verifying CD's after burn

Jorge Fábregas fabregasj at prtc.net
Fri Nov 12 01:09:51 UTC 2004

On Thursday 11 November 2004 8:48 pm, Michael A. Peters wrote:
> I'm thinking about building a dedicated burn box - if need be, I'll put
> RH8 on it but if there is a solution with newer 2.6 kernel distros that
> works for verifying that a burn went correctly, I'd really prefer to
> run something modern on the burn box.

Hi,

You haven't provided details on "the way you used to burn cd's".

I use K3b and before you actually burn the cd there's a check box called
"Verify Written Data" and if you select it it will do this: It will compare
the iso mage's md5 checksum against the written-data checksum telling you
whether they're binary equal or not.

Check it out:  www.k3b.org.  It comes with Fedora Core 2 or 3.

Hope this helps,
Jorge