OpenGL problems with FC3

alan alan at clueserver.org
Fri Nov 12 00:56:15 UTC 2004

First of all, yes I am using the closed source nVIDIA drivers.  I like
having a readable console after exiting X on my laptop.

When I try to run any gl app they segfault immediatly.

The reason for this is that the gl app needs read/write rights to
/dev/nvidiactl.  (Actually the gl libraries used by nVIDIA.)

The problem is that udev is setting the permissions to root.root 660.

I have tried using $local in /etc/udev/permissions.d/50-udev.permissions
as per the man page.  That does not seem to work.  (Forcing it to a
specific user does.)

I need to submit this to bugzilla.  I will do that later tonight.

--
Q: Why do programmers confuse Halloween and Christmas?
A: Because OCT 31 == DEC 25.