Samba-Cups Printing slowly from XP

Adam Ford aford173 at comcast.net
Fri Nov 12 05:55:08 UTC 2004

I have 2 printers connected to a Fedora Core 3 computer using Cups and
Samba.  I can print to both printers from two different computers, but it's
extremely slow.  When the computers print, the log that correspond to the
clients, do not show any errors.

The only log that shows any unusual activity is the smbd.log and it contains
the following when Samba is started:

smbd version 3.0.8pre1-0.pre1.3 started.

  Copyright Andrew Tridgell and the Samba Team 1992-2004

[2004/11/11 23:52:26, 0] printing/nt_printing.c:nt_printing_init(383)

  nt_printing_init: error checking published printers: WERR_ACCESS_DENIED

I cannot find any place about this error or how it works. Can anyone help?

Adam

Ps, please send me a carbon copy of the e-mail you send to the list, so I
can make sure it gets to me and not accidentally filtered by my e-mail
software.