The best way of upgrade from " Fedora Core 2 " to " Fedora Core 3 "

Mikhail Kalenkov mkalenkov at mail.ru
Fri Nov 12 07:32:42 UTC 2004

I read great number of posts in this list but still have a simple
question.

How I should upgrade my "Fedora Core 2" to "Fedora Core 3".

I know three ways to do upgrade

1) Download installation CDs or DVD, boot from it, and then choose an
upgrade option from menu. I don't like this method due to large
download.

2) Upgrade using yum
login as root, change yum.conf appropriately in order to yum uses
"Fedora Core 3" repositories
root# yum upgrade

I don't like this method since I prefer apt-get.

3) Upgrade using apt-get
login as root, change sources.list appropriately in order to apt-get
uses "Fedora Core 3" repositories
root# apt-get update
root# apt-get dist-upgrade

Do all these three methods perform the same thing? Does installer on
CD or DVD has some additional important scripts? What way of upgrade
is recommended by developers of "Fedora Core"?

--

Mikhail Kalenkov.