FC3 and NVIDIA

Hardy Merrill hmerrill123 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 12 16:55:49 UTC 2004

Or, if you don't care about seeing the Red Hat
Graphical Boot (rhgb) screen when you boot up, you can
do as I did - people on #fedora IRC suggested this fix
for me and it worked:
  - in /etc/grub.conf, take out the "rhgb" on the
    kernel line
  - create file /etc/rc.modules with these lines:
      #!/bin/bash
      modprobe nvidia
  - chmod 755 /etc/rc.modules

and that's it.  Reboot and the boot shouldn't hang,
and you should see the NVidia splash screen.

HTH.

Hardy Merrill