How to install and burn FC3\dual boot

Kimario T. Daniel-Fawkes bahama_fox at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 12 21:07:23 UTC 2004

Hello to all

 I am new to fedora, but have been following it for a while. I just
bought a second hard drive to install fedora but a little confused/ lost
on the installation process.

My primary hard drive is running xp and the new install is blank, I am
downloading FC3 to my C:/  then I will burn it to a dvd (Is the correct
way to do it?)

1.	Do I need to format  may new hard drive with windows ?
2.	How to I check my burn (note I read the notes but need more step
by step help)
3.	Is the dual'n booting problem with FC2 still in FC3?
4.	How do I dual boot? Between my hard drive to my second hard
drive
5.	Do I have to worry about putting the /boot partition in the
first 1024  cylinders the hard drive and which one primary or secondary
drive
6.	what is the deal with grub and how do I use it , Is it already
in the FC3 installation process.

To sum it all up what step by step method to install FC3 in to a second
hard drive with the primary running xp and how to dual boot the both of
them

Thank you in advance for all of your help