FC3 and Courier Font Weirdness

Matt Thompson thompsma at colorado.edu
Fri Nov 12 21:27:50 UTC 2004

Folks, I'm hoping someone here can help me figure out what's going on.
I decided to upgrade to FC3 today, and most everything worked out except
something with the Courier font.  First, I noticed that Courier 10 Pitch
seems different now as all my terminals changed.  But that is not the
most important problem.

I've noticed in text files that I have previously enscript'ed to
PostScript that they all have HUGE Courier in them.  It's as if
Courier10 got redefined as Courier16 or something.  This is not only in
files I've enscript'ed after the upgrade, but files enscript'ed
*before*, making me think the font file itself has changed or something
in the display system.

I've checked and the monitor parts of my old xorg.conf and new xorg.conf
are the same.  Beyond that I am an X newbie.  Please help.

Matt
--
Learning just means you were wrong and they were right. - Aram
   Matt Thompson -- http://ucsub.colorado.edu/~thompsma/