Core 3 issues

Santiago Erquicia santiago_erquicia at yahoo.com.ar
Sat Nov 13 05:21:05 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-12 at 02:57 -0600, John aka. Rblprd wrote:
> I just did a clean install of Fedora Core 3.
> Upon reboot after all the SELinux: initialized messages
> going in to the Welcome to Fedora Core
> Starting udev = ok
> initializing hardware... storage network
>
> and that is as far as it goes :|
>
> I was running Core 2 on this system fine (tried to do an update first
> and it tanked as well)
>
> any ideas as to why it is hanging here, no matter what I do with
> bootloader options installs partitioning schemes, nothing has gotten
> me anywhere, I have done 10 installs all told I think today trying to
> get this to work.
>
> Thanks in Advance
>
> John
>

> this is an i386 based system BTW

Do you have a Toshiba laptop?

I have the same problem.  In my case is when mounting the filesystem.
It stall there for 20 seconds.

I was using Ubuntu and when I upgraded my kernel to 2.6.9 it started.
Booting with the 2.6.8 kernel works perfectly.

Under Ubuntu the error it showed was:
ERROR: Removing 'cmd64x': Device or resource busy
and a few others.

Any idea?