kernel 2.6.9 problem

Ionut Radu ionut.radu at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 12:19:24 UTC 2004

No, It's not booting whatever I do...
Computer details:

CPU: AMD XP 2200+
MB: ASUS A7V600-X
HDD: SAMSUNG SATA,80 GB

If I install Fedora Core 3 on SAMSUNG SATA harddisk, the kernel freeze
after displaying:
RedHat nash 4.1.18 ...

If I install Fedora Core 3 on a IDE SEAGATE harddisk , the kernel
freeze after displaying:
ata1:

If I remove the SATA harrddisk, the kernel boots.

I also cannot install Fedora Core 2 if the SATA harddisk is connected.
It freeze when installing after starting the X server.

Windows XP is working great with this computer.It has no problem with
SATA harddisk so any hardware defect is excluded.

regards,
Ionut Radu.