Monitor goes blank -- Need help

Kye-Sang Lee ksl at deu.ac.kr
Sat Nov 13 15:18:22 UTC 2004

Hello all,

After 2.5 hr of installing FC3 successfully, my PC rebooted at last. (While its rebooting, I did not choose configuring Kudzu.)
Just after asking the last configurations (liscence agreement, daytime setting, monitor setting, username, extra s/w CD), my monitor screen went blank.

Now, I don't know what to do, because I cannot see anything. I guess that the machine is still alive. Any help would be great.

At the last configuration moment of monitor setting, I saw "unknown monitor with Cirrus ...". But I did not configure it further, because I had the same blank screen yesterday after I chose the 7Ei for my Samsung Samtron 7E monitor.

Still, I can hear some relay sounds intermittently from the monitor. Is there a way to get around this problem without reinstalling FC3?

Best regards,
Kyesang Lee.