Fedora core (CD) install on Compaq Proliant

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sat Nov 13 17:56:23 UTC 2004

Am Sa, den 13.11.2004 schrieb David Brown um 16:08:

> Hello Fedora Core gurus, I have downloaded the Fedora FC3-i386-DVD Roxio
> Easy CD Creator. I have successfully burned this image to a bootable CD.

What is "Fedora FC3-i386-DVD Roxio Easy CD Creator"? If you downloaded
the FC3 DVD ISO image file, you then burned it to CD?

> The target machine is a: Compaq Proliant ML350. 1 gig RAM and two
> 2.2ghrz processors with 512kb cache and 2 SCSI disks of undetermined
> size but currently MS windows server 2003 is installed. The aim is to
> ovewrite the current OS with the linux OS. The newly burned Fedore Core
> 3 CD boots on startup OK but if I choose graphical or text mode install
> I get graphical anyway. From the graphical screen I click OK for the
> next two dialog screens for Language and Keyboard. Next, I get the
> following prompt:
>
> What type of media contains the packages to be installed?
>
> Local CDROM
>
> At this point when I click OK the following error condition is returne:
>
> The Fedora Core CD was not found in any of your CDROM drives. Please
> insert the Fedora Core CD and press OK to retry.

> Geezenslaw

Try to install by starting at install boot prompt with "linux cdnodma"
or "linux ide=nodma".

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 18:56:09 up 24 days, 16:35, load average: 0.34, 0.27, 0.22