Mutt rendering problems

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Sun Nov 14 00:54:34 UTC 2004

Emmanuel Seyman wrote:
> Am I the only person having rendering problems in Mutt?
> Since I installed FC3, I keep getting stuff like:
>
> http://www.ediciel.com/~seyman/Capture.png

No, I see it too.

I *don't* see it if I do
TERM=linux mutt
and it looks like I don't see it with
TERM=gnome mutt

So I'm guessing that it's a terminal emulation bug.

> I can redraw the screen with ^L but this gets a bit annoying
> after a while. Should I file it in bugzilla?

Please note that /usr/share/doc/gnome-terminal-2.7.3/README says:
# gnome-terminal is
# only the shell (menubar, prefs dialog); the terminal emulation ("stuff
# in the middle") comes from the VTE widget. Remember this when
# choosing a bugzilla component. ;-)

Hope this helps,

James.
--
E-mail address: james | "My aunt's camel has fallen in the mirage."
@westexe.demon.co.uk  |     -- "Soul Music", Terry Pratchett.