FC3 - "invalid ELF header" error after yum update

Jimmy Puckett jimmy at spinen.com
Sun Nov 14 14:45:17 UTC 2004

I have a dual boot Dell Inspiron 8200, that I did a fresh install of FC3
to replace my FC2 install, and everything went great.  After the
installation, I installed the .11 ndiswrapper to get my broadcom wireless
to work.  Everything have been great until the other night.  I did a yum
update, and now I get...

Starting NFS statd: rpc.statdL eroor while loading shared libraries:
/usr/lib/libwrap.so.0: invalid ELF header

Then a few more services start until init gets to sshd.  From there
xinetd, sendmail, & sm-client fails with the same error.  Finally I get
a...

INIT: Id "x" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes

I have booted in single user mood, and removed the line in
/etc/module.conf for the wlan0, but same error on reboot.

I am not not sure where to turn.  I have done a quick google groups search
for the error, but nothing turns up.  I have also searched this list
archive.

Thanks,
Jimmy