Vsftpd Problems

Robert Slade robert at bathnetworks.com
Sun Nov 14 17:47:36 UTC 2004

Hiya

I'm running FC2 and I am trying to setup an FTP server. The server has 2
network cards: eth0 is on my local lan and set as trusted; eth1 has an
external IP and the security level has ftp enabled.

I have added IPTABLES_MODULES="ip_conntrack_ftp" to
/etc/sysconfig/iptables-config which has enabled passive mode when I ftp
to the external IP address from another machine on my internal lan.

My problem is that I still cannot list files etc when I connect from an
external IP address. I am not sure where to go from here, I guess the
problem is routing, but I don't know where to start.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Rob