backspace in vi is ^? in FC3

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Sun Nov 14 21:24:17 UTC 2004

Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:
> After upgrading from FC1 to FC3 I've noticed vi no longer backspaces
> properly in insert mode. It puts up a ^? character instead. Has anyone
> else noticed this?

I haven't, and I'm typing this in vi.

You're gonig to have to give more details. Are you opning vi in a
terminal window (which terminal emulator are you using?), or are you
using the "gvim" separate window?

What is $TERM set to?

If you're using the standard gnome-terminal, and on the Edit menu choose
Current Profile, what do you see in the Compatibility tab?

Thanks,

James.
--
E-mail address: james | "Ok, so your monitor is not working, the screen is
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | blank, and no matter what you do it stays blank? Do