CPU Problem?

Kevin Freeman kfreem02 at comcast.net
Sun Nov 14 22:54:58 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-11-14 at 23:31 +0100, Oliver Kiessler wrote:
> thanks, jonathan! I found out that I have "cpuspeed" running. when I
> do something CPU intensive, the higher frequency is being used.

If you need more reassurance, and you use the Gnome desktop, install the
following rpm:
http://dag.wieers.com/packages/gnome-cpufreq-applet/gnome-cpufreq-
applet-0.3-1.1.fc2.dag.i386.rpm

Then, right-click an empty spot on the panel and select Add to panel.
Select CPU Frequency Scaling Monitor and click add.  Now you will see
visually that the CPU changes speed as system load increases.

Kevin Freeman