yum errors

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Mon Nov 15 04:45:50 UTC 2004

Am Mo, den 15.11.2004 schrieb Timothy Payne um 1:53:

> > > [root at localhost ~]# yum -y update
> > > Repository updates-released already added, not adding again
> > > Repository base already added, not adding again
> > > Setting up Update Process
> > > Setting up Repo:  livna-stable
> > > Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: livna-stable
> > > failure: repodata/repomd.xml from livna-stable: [Errno 256] No more
> > > mirrors to try.
> > > [root at localhost ~]#

> > You did recognize on http://rpm.livna.org/ that the yum.conf setup is
> > different with the new yum repository format?

> Sorry, I also did not say that I went from FC2 to FC3 via upgrade by CD.
> Next time I'll poke you in the eye and make you cover the other one :-)

:P

You in the meantime recognized the fault in the yum.conf? If not I will
show you below ...

> yum.conf

[ ... ]

> ###############
> ## Livna.org ##
> ###############
>
> [livna-stable]
> name=Livna.org - Fedora Compatible Packages (stable)
> baseurl=http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/yum/stable
>   http://livna.cat.pdx.edu/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/yum/stable
> #gpgcheck=1

So for "livna-stable" alone it has to be:

For yum >= 2.1.3 (using new yum repository style with metadata), add the following to your /etc/yum.conf file:

### And then add these lines to access rpm.livna.org repositories:
[livna-stable]
name=Livna.org Fedora Compatible Packages (stable)
baseurl= http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.stable
gpgcheck=1

The repository location/URI did change. For further details please see http://rpm.livna.org.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 05:44:40 up 26 days, 3:24, load average: 0.32, 0.49, 0.37