ISDN giving only 64K not 128K

Jeffrey Mutonho ejbengine at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 08:50:42 UTC 2004

>What modem, how is it connected?

Winbond based PCI modem.

>Is this upload speed or download speed?
>How is the speed being measured?
The way it works with ISDN is that if you're using both channels(i.e
128K) then you should not be able to use the phone for voice calls.I
know the modem is using only one channel since I can make phone calls
and surf at the same time.

Commonly you have to telnet into the modem and configure it.  In some
cases you have to connect with a serial cable (gkermit).

> Do check your service provider contract sometimes the second channel is lots
>more expensive than the first.
I pay the ISP for a 128K line.

>Commonly the second channel is enabled on 'demand' or use.
>RTFM....
Well I did and activated the "channel bundling" , but still when i
connect only one channel is used.

jeff mutonho