FC3/xine problem

Gary Waters linuxnut at videotron.ca
Mon Nov 15 13:44:15 UTC 2004

I got xine working once in FC3 yesterday. I don't know if something I
subsequently installed caused problems, but it will no longer work. It
opens and automatically closes. This is the error message I get:

This is xine (X11 gui) - a free video player v0.99.2.
(c) 2000-2004 The xine Team.
main: all available video drivers failed.

I googled and found extremely vague information, some of which dates
back 2 years. The troubleshooting FAQs on the xine website doesn't even
mention this error. I've tried installing several versions, including
those from freshrpms and rpm.livna.org, but to no avail. Yes, I'm quite
green with Linux, but I would appreciate it if somebody could give me a
hint or push in the right direction. I was up until 2 am installing FC3
with this being the only glitch thus far.

Thanks!

Gary