Using Norton to Clone FC2

Ryan McDougall izanseth at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 16:50:00 UTC 2004

Hello everyone,

I have a situation here at work. We are trying to clone FC2 for a lab
that will be coming in a few days, but we can't seem to get a working
image. By the way we are using Ghost 7.5. The problem is that no
matter which boot loader we use they won't start. Grub came up with a
GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB error and LiLo only produces LI. The only thing I
can think of to get this actually to work would be to go around to
each of the machines and go into rescue mode and re-install grub/lilo
and hopefully that would work. But thats kind of a lot of work for a
whole lab.

I have read that Ghost 8.0 works but can anyone tell me whether or not
it does actually work in production with FC2?

Thanx,
Ryan