Latest FC2 glibc update breaks login

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Tue Nov 16 02:00:00 UTC 2004

Phil Anderson wrote:
> Since installing today's FC2 glibc uber-fix, I've been unable to ssh
> into my NIS/NFS client machines which have had the patch applied.
>
> Anyone else experiencing this?
>
> $ ssh op17
> Connection to op17 closed by remote host.
> Connection to op17 closed.
> $
>
> /var/log/secure gets the line:
> fatal: PAM session setup failed[6]: Permission denied
>
> However, I am able to log in as root.

Does the problem go away after a reboot?  I had problems getting ssh to
work as well after the glibc update, but was also stymied by X11 hanging
and my keyboard going dead (related to X11 hang) and I was unable to ssh
into the machine in order to kill/restart X11.  I ended up using the
reset button on the machine, and all is well again....

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com
cummings at kjchome.homeip.net