DVD Burner Questions

alan alan at clueserver.org
Tue Nov 16 06:34:23 UTC 2004

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Monday 15 November 2004 20:40, Joseph McCrary wrote:
> >I just purchased a TDK DVD burner. I downloaded and installed
> > xcdroast. When I run it, it says I need ProDVD support. So I
> > downloaded cdrecord-prodvd-2.01b31-i686-pc-linux-gnu. How do I
> > install it?
> >
> >Thank you.
> >
> >Joe (An obvious Linux newbie)
>
> Rather hard to advise when you didn't give us the complete filename so
> we know what format the file is actually in.

A better solution is to use K3B instead.

It does not require the closed source ProDVD driver to burn DVDs.

It comes with FC2 and FC3.

It is a MUCH better app than xcdroast.  (And I used to use xcdroast
exclusively until I found K3B.)

Give it a try.

--
Q: Why do programmers confuse Halloween and Christmas?
A: Because OCT 31 == DEC 25.