XML support missing in Mozilla?

Andrea Giuliano a.giuliano at iccu.sbn.it
Tue Nov 16 09:36:12 UTC 2004

Dear all,

I'm almost sure that some older release of Mozilla had a trivial method
to handle XML documents, similar to the one used by MSIE: the XML source
was showed on the screen, usually with a preamble saying "No stylesheet
available", or something like that; every subtree could be collapsed or
expanded clicking on a "-" or a "+" respectively.

That's not the best way to handle an XML document, but as a default
method it was good enough, in my honest opinion. Anyway, it is by far
much better than showing just the text content of all elements
(perfectly useless, don't you think?)

Am I missing some additional package needed (but not "required" from RPM
point of view) to allow Mozilla to show XML documents that way? Or
instead it is a choice made by Fedora team for some reason?

Best regards.

--
Andrea Giuliano, Ph. D.
ICCU - Istituto Centrale per il Catalogo Unico