fc 3 powerdown hang

Rick Chen rick.chen at optusnet.com.au
Tue Nov 16 11:07:48 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 12:46 +0800, Wong Kwok-hon wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 15:42:53 +1100, Rick Chen <rick.chen at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> > Hello
> >         After install fedora core 3 and update with the latest updates include
> > nVidia 3D driver. But my system can not complete shutdown anymore with
> > poweroff, /sbin/shutdown -h now or any other method for that matter.
> >         On the shutdown screen it go through the usually stuff
> > .
> > .
> > power down
> > acpi_power_off called
> >
> > => then freeze. I have to reset and shutdown manually.
> > Does anyone know what is cause of this? and solution. thx
>
> I alos have this problem and didn't saw in FC2 and may be software error.

Hello Wong Kwok-hon
	What kind of configuration and hardware you got? Mine is AMD with
gForece 2 64meg. I installed both simple and tradition Chinese fonts but
the default system fonts is English. Currently I am not sure whether
this hang occur bfore I installed nVidia Driver or not. Also I turned
off acpi in services but did not solve the hang. When was your first
encountered of this hang?