FC3 installation BUG window displayed but resumed after click "Cancel"

Wong Kwok-hon kwokhon at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 15:16:50 UTC 2004

Hi!

I have upgraded to Fedora Core 3 successfully after the fresh install
which means deleted all old partition and reinstall.

But when I choose "Language" and keyboard Language. A window which
"BUG" title displayed with content "Assertion (heads > 0) at
disk_dos.c : 485 in function probe_partition_for geom( ) failed"
displayed and also displayed in partition making. Luckily, I can click
"Cancel" three to four times then the installation continue.

Also a LVM was installed after the installation finish but I remember
that  Fedora Core 2 didn't do that.

Do the BUG window displayed is really a BUG ?
Did the LVM is automatically installed in Fedora Core 3 by default ?

Ringo