Problem with SSH Login

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Tue Nov 16 16:29:43 UTC 2004

Am Di, den 16.11.2004 schrieb Peter um 17:16:

> After a problem trying to install Java I have found that when I try to
> log into my server using SSH that after the password prompt it takes
> 20 or so seconds the displays the following prompt
>
> -bash: JAVA_HOME: command not found
>
> I am logged in but there is obviously a problem linked back to my
> problem Java install.
>
> Is there a way to correct the SSH login so I get the standard bash
> prompt ?

> Peter

Check what is wrong with the environment settings. First find out, where
it is set, maybe under /etc/profile.d/. Run "grep -n "JAVA_HOME" $HOME/"
(home of the user) and "grep -nr "JAVA_HOME" /etc/".

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 17:28:55 up 1:33, 16 users, 0.06, 0.14, 0.17