fc 3 powerdown hang

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Tue Nov 16 17:39:52 UTC 2004

Rick Chen wrote:
> 	What kind of configuration and hardware you got? Mine is AMD with
> gForece 2 64meg. I installed both simple and tradition Chinese fonts but
> the default system fonts is English. Currently I am not sure whether
> this hang occur bfore I installed nVidia Driver or not. Also I turned
> off acpi in services but did not solve the hang. When was your first
> encountered of this hang?

By the time you get to the ACPI powerdown being called, all services
will have stopped anyway. If you want to turn off acpi, use acpi=off at
the kernel command line.

Other things to try (from Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt):
        acpi=           [HW,ACPI] Advanced Configuration and Power Interface
                        Format: { force | off | ht | strict }
                        force -- enable ACPI if default was off
                        off -- disable ACPI if default was on
                        noirq -- do not use ACPI for IRQ routing
                        ht -- run only enough ACPI to enable Hyper Threading
                        strict --  Be less tolerant of platforms that are not
                                strictly ACPI specification compliant.

                        See also Documentation/pm.txt, pci=noacpi

Hope this helps,

James.
--
E-mail address: james | +--------------Information------------------+