root can startx, user can't

Rahul Sundaram rahulsundaram at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 20:02:14 UTC 2004

Hi

> Well, I added that variable, and set it to 1 because I wanted to see what kind
> of error it threw out, and still have the program go past it. Instead of
> complaining about a corrupted double-linked list, I hung on a segmentation
> fault instead.

I believe that environment variable is just a debugging aid and wont
actually resolve the problem. Since there seems to me a memory
corruption and you have filed a bug you can wait and see if someone
works on it. Meanwhile check the freedesktop.org bugzilla to see if
this is a reported problem and whether there are any workarounds

regards
Rahul Sundaram