FC3 - acpi and cdrecord...

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Tue Nov 16 23:27:27 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 17.11.2004 schrieb Giulio Sorrentino um 0:17:

> On my machine acpi does not shutdown the pc: it completes the shutdown
> sequence but does not power off.
> If I boot with acpi=off parameter the pc power off, but I'm unable to
> burn cd with k3b/cdrecord.

There are bugzilla reports for the shutdown/poweroff problem. Please see
yourself on http://gubzilla.redhat.com.

You burning problem is something different. You will have to provide
more information. What do you try, what error messages do you get? Does

cdrecord dev=ATA -scanbus

list all your burning devices?

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 00:27:18 up 8:31, 16 users, 0.02, 0.13, 0.17