Getting rid of the pre-grub screen

Rahul Sundaram rahulsundaram at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 00:51:53 UTC 2004

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 20:22:34 -0000, Paul Grenyer <paul at paulgrenyer.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've successfully installed FCIII and am so far quite happy with it
> (although I don't understand why a new release has so many updates
> available).

since fedora is a time based release several additional enhancements
that were not done during the development tree feature freeze is
released as updates. You dont require many of them obviously. a whole
lot of kde updates wouldnt be applicable to users not using kde for
examples.

fedoranews.org has the updates marked as [security] for those
important stuff.  some amount of bug fixes probably would be useful to
you. you need to sort out which ones are important to you and ignore
the rest.

I would recommend only installating packages you absolutely require
and removing the rest to keep things manageable

--
Regards,
Rahul Sundaram