Newbie question...

Colin Charles lists at bytebot.net
Wed Nov 17 13:16:03 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-17 at 12:31 +0100, e77d2 at tiscali.it wrote:
> Is it possible to upgrade Fedora Core 2 to FC3?

Yes

> How? I've tryed to upgrade it either via yum either via up2date without
success.

Pop a FC3 cd inside, and use anaconda to upgrade

Yum requires it done in stages - need yum update, then kernel and udev
and initrd, then a few others... its "complicated", possibly

> Upgrading my distro i've to download the same driver for my NVIDIA GeForce
> FX5200? Which one?  Has anyone done it? Is there any problems?

Using "nv" from xorg will work. If you want to use Nvidia binary
drivers, you're on your own

Read up more at the nvidia forums
Colin Charles, byte at aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/