Open Office Quirk?

cmilhaus cmilhaus at comcast.net
Wed Nov 17 13:59:19 UTC 2004

I am running FC-3 on a P3-450, with 524 megs of Ram. It was a clean install,
that reformatted the HD.
There appears to be a running "quirk" regarding spell check and Open Office
Writer. Whenever I am in a document, the first time I go to correct the
spelling; it takes forever for spell check to kick in. By forever, I mean 30
to 45 seconds. Once it cranks up, it's fine for the rest of the document or
the rest of the session.
I am wondering if anyone else has had this experience, and if there are any
ways to work around it. (This has been an issue since FC-2)(at least for me)
If anyone can offer any pointers, this relative Linux newbie would greatly
appreciate it.

Thanks

Charles Milhaus

It sure did to us!