USB drives

Glen Staufer alaxsxaq at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 16:31:21 UTC 2004

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 10:59:19 -0500, J. Michael Morse
> <mmorse757 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > When I do a Google for 'Fedora Core 2 usb drives', all of the
> > displayed results point to articles on booting from a USB drive.
> > All I want to do is have read/write access to my USB driver.

Has anyone figured out how to make a USB drive world-writable in
Fedora?  I've gotten mine to mount consistently and can read it as a
normal user, but only root can write to it and I cannot change the
permissions through the usual means (ie, chmod doesn't work).  As far
as I can tell this is an unresolved issue witch Fedora Core (I'm using
3).

Glenn