NVIDIA Drivers (1.0-6629) and Fedora Core 3 (2.6.9-1.667)

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Wed Nov 17 18:58:36 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 17.11.2004 schrieb Alexandre Cavalcante Alencar um 19:46:

> I was reading this list and others forums about the nVIDIA binary
> drivers version 1.0-6629 and Fedora Core 3, and tried the presented
> solutions, but none worked to me.
>
> When I go to runlevel 5, the nVIDIA driver loads and it's show the Logo,
> but at this this, I can see a mouse cursor and it hangs, I can move the
> mouse (slowly), but the GDM/KDE/XDM don't show up.
>
> Coping /dev/nvidia* to /etec/udev/devices and changing it's owner to
> root and group to root don't resolve the problem as said (this was done
> with the 6110 version, I think).
>
> I've tried a solution showed by Alexander Dalloz, that patch the nv.c
> file, and it with the above, but not worked too.

This patch is only needed for the older driver version 6111.

> Alexandre Cavalcante Alencar

Which graphics card do you use? There seems to be problems with older
card types like TNT2. You then will have to run the older driver
version.

In general, if the NVidia driver does not work with your card model,
then you should contact NVidia, because the Red Hat folks can't fix
anything as it is closed source and not under GPL.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 19:56:29 up 1 day, 4:01, load average: 0.46, 0.47, 0.37