Dump/restore

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed Nov 17 19:07:48 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-17 at 14:10 -0500, Jesse Jarzynka wrote:
> I would love to just do the logical volumes, but when I boot with the
> rescue disk and run fdisk -l all I see is the partitions. It won't even
> let me mount the lvm partition, what's with that? What is the reasoning
> for all these changes? Can anyone mount their core3 partition? I noticed
> the partition changes during the install and just thought I'd try out
> the new way, but I'm a little confused. Is there anything in the release
> notes or a howto for this new way?

You don't mount LVM Physical Volumes (they're not filesystems), you
mount the volumes within them.

When you boot with the rescue disk, can you see anything in /dev/mapper?
For instance, /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 ?

If that's there, you should be able to mount it.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>