FC3 - wrong screen resolution - A bug? - reposted

Truls Gulbrandsen trulsg at broadpark.no
Wed Nov 17 21:19:22 UTC 2004

Truls Gulbrandsen wrote:
> [...]
| | | | |

| IBM912

| | | | |
| | | | |
| The
| | | | |
| | file?
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |

| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | |
| | | I found that when hittin ctrl-C after the system hangs it actually
| | | continues to boot and gives me a command line.
| | |
| | | The problem is that system settings - display did not update my
| | | xorg.conf file correctly.  The driver name for the video card was not
| | | replaced with the corect one but ended up as mix of "Vesa" and
| "S3Trio3D"
| | |
| | | I tried to correct this using vi but am not able to open the file in
| | | edit modus.  I'm told it is a read only file.
| | |
| | | Any suggestions?
| | |
| | | Truls
| | Ok, I have followed all advices given under this thread without success.
| |
| | So, I did a fresh install of FC3 from the cds and the following happens.
| |
| | Upon installation fc doesn't recognize my video card and set it up as
| | VESA generic.  That works in the way that my screen background seem to
| | have the correct resolution but applications and icons etc. seems work
| | at 640x480.
| |
| | Then, when I change to video card S3 Trio64 3D and reboot I'm back to
| | the original problem.  The systems load all the way to:
| |
| | Starting udev: (ok)
| | Initializing hardware..... storage network audio done  (ok)
| | Configuring kernel parameters:
| |
| | ~  <then I have to enter Ctrl-C to make it continue>
| |
| | INIT: Entering runlevel: 5
| | Starting readahead early: (ok)
| | Checking for new hardware: (ok)
| | touch: cannot touch '/var/touch/subsys/kudzu': Read-only file system
| | Applying iptables: firewal rules (ok)
| | touch: cannot touch '/var/touch/subsys/iptables': Read-only file system
| | Starting pcmcia: (ok)
| | etc
| | etc
| |
| | Am I doing something wrong or the system?
| |
| | Regards
| | Truls
| ~ Hi,
| I post this one more time to see if someone out there has the solution
| to my problem.
|
| Thanks for valuable input Jim but it didn't work this unfortunately.
| Howerever, I learned a lot so it was not waisted.
|
| Regard,
| Truls

Hi,
I have tried to seek help for my problem at the test-users list but
without success so I try this list in stead.

Are there someone out there that might help me solve the problem?

Regards
Truls