kernel-2.6.9-1.678_FC3 Panic atkbd.c

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Thu Nov 18 03:15:46 UTC 2004

Dave Jones wrote:

>On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 09:55:47PM -0500, Robert L Cochran wrote:
> > Kernel-2.6.9-1.678_FC3 is unbootable for me.
> >
> > Motherboard and CPU: MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum (MS-7025), Socket 939, and
> > AMD Athlon 64 3500+ (90 nm)
> >
> > kernel panic involving atkbd.c, message is:
> >
> > atkbd.c: spurious ACK on isa0060/serio0. Some program, like XFree86,
> > might be trying to access hardware directly.
>
>that should be irrelevant to the panic.  Is this by chance
>a SATA system ?  Can you detail some more of the panic messages?
>
>		Dave

Dave, yes, both my hard drives on this motherboard are connected to the
SATA ports. They are actually PATA drives that I converted to SATA using
HighPoint RocketHead 100 converters. This motherboard is running the
v1.2 BIOS and there is an available update to v1.3, I can isntall that
tomorrow if it helps. I spent about 10 minutes trying to get the boot
messages appearing on the console to freeze so I could read them. I
don't know how to pause the message display. I can boot off the SATA1
drive just fine under kernel 2.6.9-1.667.

Bob