screen goes black when x starts

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Nov 18 04:53:01 UTC 2004

Parrish Myers wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been searching bugzilla and the web for hours... does anyone have
> a solution for the screen going blank when x starts...
>
> I have a ze4315us laptop with a radeon IGP320 and XGA 15" display.
>
> Thanks

Your model is the exact same as I am using. I have an upgraded
installation from Severn through present. Is yours a fresh installation?

Anyway, since exact same machine types, here is my xorg.conf file.
(attached). If this does not look similar to your setup, something might
be missing other than configuration tools not doing things correctly.

Also, I run with acpi=on in my grub.conf file. The BIOS has been
upgraded twice since the box was used. Maybe a BIOS upgrade is needed.

I have not rebooted since upgrading the xorg-x11 packages though. Is
this a new problem introduced after the upgrade?

Jim

--
To err is human, to forgive is against company policy.