Netgear RP114 Problem

Reinhard Sy reinhard at meinberlikomm.de
Thu Nov 18 07:11:56 UTC 2004

Am Mittwoch, den 17.11.2004, 21:11 -0600 schrieb Chris LaForce:
> Hello,
>    I am having problem installing my new Netgear Rp114 router and I
> was wondering if someone could give me some direction.  I was able to
> get my windows xp pc running fine.  This is the first router that I
> have ever used. I just kind of went through and did the default
> settings.  It just isn't finding any web sites and I can't ping
> anything.  Please let me know if you have any ideas or even just list
> out the steps of how you would maybe do it.  That would be great.
> Thanks,
>
> Chris.
> --
Hi ,
did you mean an RP614 . If so then I have no prolems running this router
in my home-network. I use the Router as my DHCP-Server and it works
fine. I have connected one FC3 Server and two multiboot CLients
(Win2000/XP/FC3) and a Printer.

Have you filled the fields for DNS-Servers in the RP614 Box ?  Are you
running any Firewall/iptables on your FC? box - turn it off to see that
this is the problem.

how does you route looks like. My look like this:
*rsy at puffin*[8:11][~][5]> netstat -rn
Kernel IP Routentabelle
Ziel            Router          Genmask         Flags   MSS Fenster irtt
Iface
192.168.44.0    0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U         0 0          0
eth0
0.0.0.0         192.168.44.240  0.0.0.0         UG        0 0          0
eth0
*rsy at puffin*[8:11][~][6]>

...240 Is the IP of my RP614.

Hope this is bit helpfull